ALS commenced operations in Brisbane as ‘Australian Laboratory Services Pty Ltd’ in 1974 as a privately owned company providing analytical services for the oil shale and mineral exploration industries.
In 1981, the company was acquired by Campbell Brothers Limited (now ALS Limited), a Queensland-based company first registered in 1863 and listed on the Australian Stock Exchange in 1952 (ASX:ALQ). ALS has to date demonstrated over 30 years of strong business performance with global revenues exceeding $1.2 billion.
The focus of ALS is in the provision of a broad range of sophisticated, state-of-the-art services to four main markets: Minerals (Geochemistry, Metallurgy, Mine Site and Inspection); Life Sciences (Environmental, Food & Pharmaceutical, Animal Health and Electronics); Energy (Coal and Oil & Gas); Industrial (Asset Care and Tribology), and to continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
Processing more than 20 million samples per year, our 13,000 staff operate from over 350 locations in 55 countries. We have laboratories strategically located around the world, operating in Australia, Asia, North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East and Africa; and are one of the largest analytical laboratory groups in the world