ALS to extend its vapour analysis capacity
Sep 2, 2021
ALS Life Sciences is pleased to announce that it is extending its capacity to analyse Silonite® coated canisters. All analysis is carried out in the UK at our laboratory in Hawarden near Chester. Our method is based on USEPA TO-15 and is accredited to ISO 17025.
The versatility of canisters allows a broad range of options for investigating and assessing vapour intrusion risks, these include soil vapour, sub-slab, indoor and outdoor air sampling.
The advantages of Silonite® coated canisters compared to traditional sampling approaches are:
- Simplicity of use on-site
- Low-level determination of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
- Short turnaround times are available on request
- Multiple analyses can be undertaken from a single canister
- A “whole air” sample is collected, meaning there is no need to select the sorbent media based on assumed contaminants of concern
- Canisters have a fused silica lining called Silonite®, which provides an extremely inert receiving vessel to collect vapour samples
- The Silonite® coating aids analysis of more reactive compounds which are difficult to sample by other techniques
- Extended holding times for samples collected using canisters – far in excess of other whole air methods
- Canisters can be used in combination with passive sampling
- Additional QA/QC can be carried out – shut-in test and well integrity testing.
Analyses available includes:
VOCs including target list (based on USEPA TO-15) with or without Tentatively Identified Compounds (TICs)
TPH Aliphatic split (>C4-C6, >C6-C8, >C8-C10,>C10-C12) and Aromatic split (>C6-C8, >C8-C10, >C10-C12)
Permanent Gases & Hydrogen Sulphide (Methane, Carbon Dioxide, Oxygen, Carbon Monoxide, Hydrogen Sulphide, Nitrogen, Hydrogen)
Helium available as confirmation of sample integrity when helium has been used on site as a tracer.
Other options are available including odorants and C1-C7 gases.
For further information contact our Client Services Team on:
RELIABILITY - QUALITY - LEADERSHIP - TRUST.