AGS Members' Day 2018
Apr 5, 2018
ALS will be attending the annual AGS Members' Day Event on Wednesday 11th April 2018 at the National Motorcycle Museum in Birmingham. The AGS (The Association of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Specialists) brings together experts and representatives within the geotechnical field to discuss and collaborate on the issues that affect their members and the wider industry.
This full day conference is celebrating 30 years of AGS and will feature presentations from the AGS' Working Group Leaders and also some guest speakers from the industry.
Some of the topics under discussion are as follows:
- Working with the new BS ISO 18504:2017 - Sustainable remediation
- Laboratories Working Group Report
- Contaminated Land Working Group Report
The summaries featured are from the seven working groups of the AGS Members and the work they have achieved over the last 12 months.
Our technical experts Geraint Williams and Christopher Caird are active members of these working groups and regularly assist delegates within the industry.
Click here to see our Wastewater Testing and Contaminated Land Brochures
Our Contaminated Land testing includes analysis from the following guidance and regulations:
- The Contaminated Land Exposure Assessment (CLEA) Directive
- The Landfill Directive
- The Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control Directive
- The Contaminated Land Regime Part IIA, part of the Environmental Protection Act 1990
- Waste Acceptance Criteria (WAC)
- Waste Management Regulations (WM3)